President Trump appointed the first Vietnamese-American Admiral
Grand Old Partisan celebrates more than seventeen decades of Republican heroes and heroics. Today, I salute Huan Nguyen. The teenager arrived in the United States after the fall of Saigon. As he recalled:
"I was one of those refugees, apprehensive about an uncertain future, yet feeling extremely grateful that I was here at all. The images that I remember vividly when I arrived at Camp Asan, Guam, now Asan Beach Park, were of American sailors and Marines toiling in the hot sun, setting up tents and chow hall, distributing water and hot food, helping and caring for the people with dignity and respect. I thought to myself how lucky I am to be in a place like America. Those sailors inspired me to later serve in the United States Navy."
Nguyen studied electrical engineering at Oklahoma State University and Southern Methodist University, manufacturing engineering at Purdue University and information technology at Carnegie Mellon University. He received a navy commission in 1993. Overseas tours included Japan, an aircraft carrier, Iraq and Afghanistan.
October 10th 2019, President Donald Trump promoted him to Rear Admiral.
Back to Basics for the Republican Party is my civil rights history of the GOP. To quote the book: "The more we Republicans know about the history of our party, the more Democrats will worry about the future of theirs. For more information, see www.grandoldpartisan.com.
Here is a TikTok Video about this article.
Michael Zak is author of Back to Basics for the Republican Party, a history of GOP civil rights achievement.
Each day, his YouTube videos and TikTok videos and Rumble videos and Grand Old Partisan blog celebrate more than seventeen decades of Republican heroes and heroics. And, see Speech Raves for audience feedback from his presentations in thirty-one states.
Clarence Thomas cited Back to Basics for the Republican Party in a Supreme Court decision.
"This is the most amazing book about politics that I have ever read. The Overview should be required reading for anyone with even a minor interest in government. The remainder is an enthralling history lesson that I will never forget. For years, we have all been misled about the true nature of the GOP. This is the real deal! Read it and be proud!"
"Your book is a national treasure. I'm always recommending it."
"Michael Zak wrote the definitive history of the GOP."
"Back to Basics for the Republican Party is the most significant contribution to the Republican Party in the last twenty years apart from Ronald Reagan."
"Back to Basics for the Republican Party is more important to our party now than ever before."
and
"one of the best books I ever read"
Comments
Post a Comment