a splendid statue of Rutherford Hayes

Grand Old Partisan celebrates more than seventeen decades of Republican heroes and heroics. Today, I spotlight a memorial to our nation’s 19th President. In his hometown of Delaware, Ohio there stands a bronze statue of Rutherford Hayes. It was unveiled at a ceremony on October 4th – his birthday – 2019.

The chief fundraiser said of him:

"In addition to serving in our government, he volunteered for service in the Civil War despite having three children at home. He also supported the 15th Amendment granting freed African American men the right to vote and was an advocate for prison reform."

And the sculptor commented:

"You don’t rise from common stock, become a leading general and later president of the United States without a degree of audacity and swagger, and I wanted to project that strength. I put sadness in his eyes because of all that he had experienced during the Civil War. But I also wanted to project him as a visionary, gazing into the future as all presidents should do."

Back to Basics for the Republican Party is my civil rights history of the GOP. To quote the book: "The more we Republicans know about the history of our party, the more Democrats will worry about the future of theirs. For more information, see www.grandoldpartisan.com. 

Here is a YouTube Video about this article.

Here is an Instagram Video about this article.

Here is a TikTok Video about this article.

Michael Zak is author of Back to Basics for the Republican Party, a history of GOP civil rights achievement.


Each day, his YouTube videos and TikTok videos and Rumble videos and Grand Old Partisan blog celebrate more than seventeen decades of Republican heroes and heroics. And, see Speech Raves for audience feedback from his presentations in thirty-one states.

Clarence Thomas cited Back to Basics for the Republican Party in a Supreme Court decision.

"This is the most amazing book about politics that I have ever read. The Overview should be required reading for anyone with even a minor interest in government. The remainder is an enthralling history lesson that I will never forget. For years, we have all been misled about the true nature of the GOP. This is the real deal! Read it and be proud!"

"Your book is a national treasure. I'm always recommending it."

"Michael Zak wrote the definitive history of the GOP."

"Back to Basics for the Republican Party is the most significant contribution to the Republican Party in the last twenty years apart from Ronald Reagan."

"Back to Basics for the Republican Party is more important to our party now than ever before."

and

"one of the best books I ever read"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Democrats enacted their black codes to oppress African-Americans

thanking Republicans for the 19th Amendment

President Lincoln justifying the Emancipation Proclamation